March 24, 2014


Mom,
         That email was incredible! I loved it so much!!! I want you to send the talk please and whatever else. Tell Dave what a great teacher he is for me. That is so cool because this week in our zone meeting I hit a tiny bit about Joseph and the courage he had to choose the right. But my lesson was very superficial compared to this, wow, so good!
         I still haven’t gotten the package but I got transferred so I will be going to Campinas tomorrow to see where I will be going. It was quite a week mom; it was a great time to tell the truth.
         We had our zone meeting on Tuesday and then I went to Albuquerque's area to do a division with him. It ended up going way long and I stayed there until Saturday. It was the best week I have had in a long time, and we were able to talk about past experiences that we had and rekindle our great desires to do the Lord's work.
         Albuquerque will be a friend through all the eternities and I am so grateful for the example he is to me. We did a lot of good work there. We went to visit a family of recent converts that live way out in the boonies on a farm, we had to get a car ride with members to get there and it was way dark at night. We had to open up a few cow gates and scare off the cows so they would get out of the way of the road. It was so much fun. That night Albuquerque had borrowed a guitar and had the lyrics and chords to "Take me home, Country Roads" by John Denver and he played and I sang. It was such a fun time. 
         We taught a member's daughter in law also, she isn’t married and we talked a lot with her about the importance of marriage before the Lord, and I was getting ready to lay down a bunch of scriptures to show the importance but the Spirit stopped me, and told me just to bare testimony, and I did and it was never easier because I am so so so grateful for the blessings that the temple has brought our family. It was the best feeling ever, and the lady started crying I was having trouble to keep the tears in but we got through ha ha and it was great. She said she would talk a lot better with her "husband" and get back with us. 
         Then Elder Brayden, my way good buddy who is going home today, came to visit the area because he started his mission there and he chose to go back to visit it. So it was a really great time to see him and to be able to say goodbye, he is such a great buddy and I will for sure be keeping in contact with him. He taught me so much here on the mission. Such a cool kid, got accepted into Chicago University for grad school in paleontology. So I might have to visit Chicago sometime.
         When I got back on Saturday, my comp had introduced a family that they found while I was gone, and this family is extremely ready to receive the gospel! We had taught them about the Book of Mormon and they accepted baptism, we do have to get the parents married first but the daughter who is 20 ish accepted and asked if she could bring friends with her to church also. It was such a blessing.
         We marked a baptismal date with Mirelle, but her work keeps falling through on her so she ends up working on Sundays and so we decided to throw her date back a little, but she is progressing and it is easy to perceive her growing close with our Savior.
         These last two transfers were really tough here in this area, and all that I did lead up to finding these people and I hope that they will be baptized in the future. I learned so much about patience and love here, and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to be here. It was the best week I have had in a long, long time. I love this work so much, and I am so grateful for the blessings we have from the gospel, most importantly my eternal family. I love you so much mom and dad, thanks so much for the blessings you brought to us all! I love you!

Elder Paynter (Sunsy) 

No comments:

Post a Comment