March 31, 2014



     My comp is Elder Batista again! We got two fridges...... ha-ha one is full of books..... Ha-ha the other is full of food! Ha-ha but that’s not important. Oh and yes I got the package! Thanks so much! I am going to do the Bean Boozled thing today for a family home evening with a member and some recent converts.

     We are teaching three big families, and yes we need to get three weddings going.... ha-ha but it will be exciting! We taught this family, and when we went back they hadn’t read the book of Mormon. So we taught them a lot of things and challenged them to read as a family together and pray together after we left. The next appointment we marked fell through with them, and I was ready to drop them, but we decided to go back and it was the best lesson ever. We showed up to the house and the son was outside sitting on the curb waiting for us. We entered in the house and without delay, the father said, "great let’s start with a prayer, can I say it?" my mouth just hung wide open. Of course and he told us how after we had left the other day, they read the chapter we marked and then they prayed, then read it again and prayed, and then read again and prayed, and again and prayed. And they had gotten their answer the next day! We are just on cloud nine right now, the family went to church and is just so excited for everything! Tomorrow we will talk to them about marriage and then Thursday we will have a family home evening with a member!

     We had a baptism here also on Sunday, and the baptism’s mother came to church, everyone came up to her and asked oh are you a member? And she said not yet but I am getting there! Ha-ha we marked an appointment with her this week and hope she will be baptized the Sunday after conference.

     Well mom, I have so much I want to say but I am running out of time already. I am happier than ever, and never felt more like a missionary in my life. I love the gospel so much. I am so grateful for the little blessings that I have already seen from my mission and the huge blessings from the gospel. Nothing is better than the comfort of knowing our family is eternal! Thanks so much for everything mom! I love you so much and hope you have the greatest week!


Elder Paynter and Elder Batista

We had to clean the baptismal font Saturday night, so we wore our
shirts that we got when we were comps in Campinas.

No comments:

Post a Comment