February 24, 2014

Elder Paynter, Elder Rojas, Elder Cochran, and Elder Sanio.

     "It's our home, yeah we share it together. So much fun! And we have to paint soon too ha ha so it'll change buts it’s a blast. We have a lime tree in the back too so we have limeade every morning. I want to plant a lime tree at home." 


Elder Paynter and Elder Liesmann
     This week was wonderful and although we didn't have the greatest number of people in church, we saw plenty of miracles and had a great time. 
     Well I am super jealous of you and Dad, I am just so excited to get to know my niece and hold her for the first time. If she will let me!
     I just got done studying "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" and wow. I can’t tell you how grateful I am for you and dad. For the examples that you have been in honoring your covenants with the Lord and with one another and for all of the love you two have given our family. I couldn't hold back some tears while I thought about how blessed I am to have the most wonderful parents in the world, and I don’t know why I am so lucky or why God let me be your son but I thank him every day and every night for allowing me to be raised by you and dad. I absolutely love you two and hope one day I can find a wife like you mom, and be a father like dad. I love you both so much, and hope you have such an amazing week full of happiness and miracles. I am sorry this is so short but I got to run soon! I love you so much mom! Thanks for everything!

Dad,
Thanks so much for the email. There’s nothing better than to hear from paps. Well this week was the craziest most unorganized week of my mission, and therefore it wasn't the best but it still went well and now that we had a little time to plan and organize this coming week it will be pretty good! We had to leave to the Campinas for what we thought would be our mission tour, but turns out it was Elder Evans and his wife giving us a three hour talk. In three to four weeks we will have our mission tour. Elder Evans is the executive leader of missionary department for the church. Pretty close to the 12. And he had his wife speak first, and guess what she spoke about? Marriage, guess what he spoke about? Marriage. Guess how many missionaries were trunky after that talk. All of Missão Brasil Campinas. I even think President Perrotti got trunky. Ha-ha just kidding. But his wife told an awesome story and said how she believes that us missionaries knew our mission presidents before we came on earth and we made a pact with them to work hard together to build the kingdom of God. It was really cool, and Elder Evans talked about how we have a Heavenly Mother and the importance of working with families and helping them to get to the temple, not just to baptism. It was pretty cool stuff, but yeah there was a lot of cheesy marriage stuff that isn’t too motivating for missionaries who can’t even think about marriage for a while. Ha-ha He told a story about how he was at a fireside and Elder Scott the apostle was speaking and he asked Elder Evans how long it took him to get married after he came home from the mission, Elder Evans said three months. Elder Scott got mad at him for taking so long because Elder Scott got married seven days after he got home. 
So we had spent a lot of time in Campinas this week and unfortunately that lady's baptism fell through and yeah. It was pretty sad to hear. But we did our best and she is well aware of what that means for her. 
     We got home Wednesday night from Campinas and worked with a lot of appointments that had fallen through. Then we got a call that an area in our zone needed an interview, so we spent Friday night and Saturday morning out of our area to do an interview, and it was a pretty cool experience. It was a girl that was fourteen and she had an awesome testimony of the church, and we went and visited a recent convert in the area too and her conversion story was incredible. She was sick for seven months and doctors didn’t know what to do with her, she could only eat steamed vegetables with a tiny bit of salt and an apple without the skin. But the missionaries gave her a blessing and the very second it ended she was cured and went and ate normal food and the doctors didn’t believe her when she told them it had gone away. They doctors ran the exams and she was cured. It was really cool.
     Then we came back home and worked really hard on Saturday but it we didn’t have too much luck. We had no investigators in church on Sunday too, but we decided to cut our investigators that weren’t progressing and we have some great plans this week. Three family home evenings, and tonight I am cooking tapioca for everyone! So it’s going to be great! This week was excellent and I was able to see so many miracles Dad. Thanks so much for all you do for me and for the email! I love you so so much! Have a great week and be so safe ok!
Elder Paynter


No comments:

Post a Comment