February 17, 2014

Hey Dad,
Well this week has been full of wonderful miracles. I really was quite relieved to get my comp out of here to tell the truth. I know it’s kind of wrong, but the Lord, President Perrotti, and I have great expectations for the kingdom of God here and it’s really hard to babysit and take care of everything else. That’s why Ashley gave Alaynna to you guys while she works. Ha-ha. Well president is really inspired and realized I was really stressed out, so without saying anything to him, he ended up sending me an awesome comp who has been such a great example and works really hard. I am so happy and so so so blessed. 
Ashley sent me a great email, it was so good to hear from her.
It’s been pretty crazy how quick time has been going, last transfer was tough but it passed by really quickly. Well Dad, this last week when I went to Campinas to help out with the transfers, I had a lot of free time on Tuesday night so I decided to go to my last area to visit some investigators that I had left behind, one that got baptized, and the other that was just hanging on the line. We went and taught the one hanging on the line, and the other missionaries had tried everything with her. I just remember that the Holy Ghost had guided me to a scripture that I had skimmed over the other week. It was Alma 5:45-46. And we got there, asked her a few questions, and challenged her to fast on Thursday. She was a little taken back but accepted, and she sent me an email today, she decided to get baptized!!!!! We are going to Campinas this Wednesday for our spring mission tour, and after, I will be going to perform the baptism! I can’t tell you how happy I am for the blessings that I have received this week and the help that God has given me. This Sunday, it was raining but miraculously got six investigators to church.
 President came to watch the meetings in our branch and after he had a meeting with the church leaders here. After which he interviewed us. Each time that we have interview with president he follows the exact same routine with each missionary, "How are you elder? How is your health? Do you have any problems with any rules or commandments?" and the interviews normally last about five minutes. The other three elders here passed through the routine, but this time when he called me and we sat down, he just said, “Hey elder, tell me what’s going on.” And we talked for an hour, it was the greatest thing ever for me. I have felt so stressed out because we are having the results that we need, and I have wondered so much lately why I am even a leader. Without saying any of this to him, he answered my questions. He said that the leaders of the District and the branch absolutely love the work that we have been accomplishing here. He said they just said tons of good things about us for ten minutes straight without him asking how we were. It was such a big blessing to hear such words. The Lord answered my long said prayers this week, and we have seen so many miracles in such little time. I am so excited for this next week, and especially for this Wednesday.
Dad, thanks so so much for your example, your prayers and your love. I can’t tell you how much you have helped me. Now it’s just a lot of hard work and smooth sailing. I love you so much dad. Have a great safe week.

Elder Paynter


Alma 5:45-46

And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?

Behold, I say unto  you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by His Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment