July 28, 2014


Just a little taste of my life. 
Getting up early to workout with my old comp, 
and a little taste of favela life! Been wild.

Hey Mom,
Can I just say our family is gorgeous I love you all so much. It sounds like you all had a really pleasant week.
My week was also pretty good. We left with a young man that is getting ready to go on the mission, and we were able to help some less actives get back to church and we will hopefully be baptizing a young kid from that family this Sunday. 

We went on splits with the first counselor from the bishopric here. His son went into the MTC two weeks ago. It was cool to see how close he was with his son, and how excited he was to tell him about him going on divisions with us. I just kept thinking about how great it is to have such loving parents like you and dad who are so encouraging. I love you both so much.

Carol is doing well, she is progressing but her 26 year old cousin had a brain tumor that they discovered last week, did emergent surgery and he ended up dying after being in a coma. She was pretty beaten, and didn’t make it to church this last week. Some of the YSA's went and visited her after church and I think it helped a lot. 

The work here is just flying by. We are running from appointment to appointment and we are loving it. Time is flying by and hopefully next week we will finally have a baptism happening. There are lots of missionaries from this ward that are out in the field right now, and you see just how much they love their kids, and they treat us all so well. It reminded me of you mom, you are so loving and I just can’t thank you enough for everything. I love you so much mumsy, I hope you have a great week.

Elder Paynter



Hey Dad,
That was just the best letter. I wish I could show you just how much I love you. I feel like it’s exactly what I needed to hear. This last week I was walking on the street and I just felt like you were with me. I am so happy for your support and so grateful to hear about your mission. It means a lot to me dad. Thank you so very much. You always were my hero dad, and now that I am getting to know you better you are even more of my hero. I hope and pray that I can grow spiritually to one day be like you. I love you so much. I think it’s going to be a lot of tears when I get to see you again, they will be the most grateful tears of my life. 

It sounds like you had a pretty fun week with everyone. Full of adventures and good company. I sure am glad to see that our wonderful family is together. That’s great to hear about Nelson. Is she LDS? I hope he is happy. Isn’t it neat how there are so many new temples going up? I can’t believe they will have one in Rio de Janeiro. That has to be one super expensive temple. 

I got some great news today! Kaique got his papers in, they are in Salt Lake now. He had a mini MTC with his stake yesterday and he is on cloud nine, so excited for his call. I am so happy for him. I think of all the crap that we go through and when I hear from Kaique, it reminds me of how it’s all so very worth it. 

We threw down a lot of work this week. It was a good week number wise dad, and I think that we will be getting some baptisms this Sunday, and hopefully the next. My comp is a pretty dry guy, but I am liking him a lot and opening him up. He is teaching me a lot also. It’s been stressful, but I feel so blessed to be out here and to be able to finish my mission here. I hop that’s what happens anyways. It sounds like Kaique will be coming to visit my ward this next Sunday, it’s been a little tough because he has a ton of callings in his ward. But so glad to see he is firm. I bought my new suit last p-day. So the money you put in left the account now. Thanks a lot, I am really happy to have it. 

Well dad, I can’t thank you enough for the email and all your love and support. Can’t wait to see you again. It’s passing by really fast. Have a great week. I love you!

Elder Paynter
 




No comments:

Post a Comment