July 21, 2014


Well I was going to send some pictures I took this week but the computer is throwing a fit so it will have to wait. We had a pretty good week and we were able to get a family reactivated. They hadn’t been to church in 8 years and we got them to come this Sunday. I was really really happy about it.

On Saturday we had a ward party, and we went to church in the morning to help set up. Bishop asked me to run some errands with him, so we went on a division and we had a great time together. We went to this place where all the local farmers bring their goods and sell them to the big supermarkets. It was pretty dang cool. He took me to where he grew up and we ate some food at a little fair they have every Saturday. It was a really good time and I was able to learn a lot from him and his example. He is a great bishop, he really transmits the love that he has for everyone. 

At night we had the ward activity and it was a fun time, we ate tons of food and they had a tiny little hillbilly dance which is traditional here, me and one of the elders from the house danced and it was really funny. We had a good time and the members all laughed at us. 

Carol is a 20 year old girl we have been teaching for a while, she has been going to church for a while too but we don’t know how to help her feel the spirit and let it testify to her. She has been pretty tough. Her cousin died from brain cancer yesterday and she was crying a lot at church. I felt pretty useless because I didn’t know how to help her but I am so glad we have the gospel to guide us and comfort us enough to know that it isn’t the end. I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and the comfort it brings. I am so grateful that we can change who we were yesterday into a better person today because of His sacrifice. I am so grateful for the mission and the things I am learning and have learned. I love you mom. I hope you have a great week!!!



Elder Paynter

No comments:

Post a Comment