July 14, 2014











Hey mom,
This week was a lot of hard work and a good time. We went to a multi-zone conference in downtown Campinas and on our way back the game had started against Germany. We were walking back to our house at half-time and it was 5-0 and people here were really mad. Some lady stopped us and cussed out Brasil and then asked if we were Germans, when we told here we were Americans she let us go by but she was pretty dang angry and yeah, I was a curious with what the lady was going to do but yeah it was fine.  
We spent a lot of time this week working with less active people, and we had a family home evening last night with a ton of people. It was so good and I hope we helped them have a greater desire to come back to church. We have just been running around a ton too because our area is massive. I have never used the bus so much like this last week.  But the family home evening was great, we made an object lesson with "Jenga" and it turned out well. 
Friday night we had gotten a call about a service project the next morning and we went there at 8. We carried big buckets full of cement up on top of the house to finish the roof. We did it non-stop for four hours straight, and we were pretty dang sore last night but it was a really fun time. We got super dirty, but it sure feels nice every now and then to take off the shirt and tie, and roll in the mud like men should. Ha-ha 
We had the opportunity to see a young man here in our ward give his last goodbyes before he enters the MTC this Thursday. It reminded me a lot about what a privilege we have to serve a mission, and just how great the blessings are that come from it. I wouldn’t trade my mission for anything and I love every second here. I know it is going to be so hard to say goodbye to such a wonderful life, but it will be so easy to thank the Lord every day for the time that he allowed me here. I love the gospel, I am so grateful that we always have one more chance to make ourselves better and more like our Savior. I love this life. I hope you have a great week mumsy, I sure will. I love you!
Elder Sunsy

No comments:

Post a Comment