June 3, 2014



Mom,

It’s so cool how you are so loving and inspired with everything that you do. We decided to have our p day today instead of tomorrow because we have our appointments marked tomorrow. So just to tell you a little bit more about my week, because I didn’t really write much last week (wasn’t in the mood), I decided to write down a few notes so when I was looking at this big white computer screen I would be able to remember what happened this week. It all just seems like such a blur sometimes.

But I got a really nice call from Andreya (Kaique's mom) saying she got the tickets for Kaique. And I really cannot wait at all. We just got to pray that he will get his visa just fine so he can come out. That same day, we went to our district meeting and while we were walking, Elder Ferguson had told me that he wasn’t able to sleep the night before because he wasn’t feeling too well. We called the mission president's wife and she sent us to the hospital after our district meeting. And we ended up spending the entire day in the hospital waiting for some test results and a few shots. It was pretty fun translating for him, and being back around the old medical world. Brought back lots of great memories and reminded me how much I do enjoy the medical life. We will still just have to see what life has in store. 

          The next day I was pretty excited to get up and get rockin on the missionary work again, and then I had gotten a call and we had to go resolve a problem in our zone and ended up being another speed bump for the week. Finally on Thursday we were able to get to work and we worked hard but didn’t have any success in finding some new solid people to teach and bring to the church. 

We went to the church early on Friday to practice singing a song that we sang in sacrament meeting. And while we were there a big man talked with us and said his rabbit had ran into the church property and wanted our help catching it. We ran after it but had no success. We came back a little later to the church and we saw the rabbit, we chased after it again and ended up chasing it back into the school where it belonged. The big man invited some little English students to come and talked with us, and next thing we knew we were inside the school feeling like celebrities talking to all of these darling little kids. It was a fun time, and they invited us to go back and talk with them for a bit this Friday. We are pretty excited for it. 

        Well after everything this week, I was pretty dang stressed out because we hadn’t gotten anyone to teach and we had worked hard. I went to church with a pretty salty attitude. We sang in sacrament meeting for the opening hymn, and everyone loved it. It came out pretty nice. And then the second counselor got up to be the first to bear his testimony and open it up for everyone. It was incredible because his first words were exactly what I needed to hear. I was so grateful and am so grateful that the Lord answers our prayers. It was so cool to be able to once more witness that God blesses others through our help, and blesses us through the help of others. It was a great time all in all. 

We went to our leadership meeting yesterday and it was alright. We found out that its actually going to be pretty dangerous here during the world cup, and that there will be lots of protests and riots because the country spent tons of money on new stadiums and won’t pay to better health care or schooling. People are pretty mad. So I guess the church is pretty nervous about during the world cup. And during all the Brazil games, we have to stay home the entire day. So we will see how that goes, but don’t like being in the same place for a lot of time. I guess I will work out and get ripped. Ha-ha jk. Well mumsy, everyone liked our singing because they asked us to sing at stake conference this Sunday again. It’s been fun and I have thought a lot about how proud you would be of your little boy finally singing. It’s been a lot of fun. Just give us some prayers that we might bring this wonderful truth to some more people this week. I love you so much. I hope you have a wonderful week mumsy!



Elder Paynter

No comments:

Post a Comment